Customers of India’s Yes Bank can now make mobile payments using sound-based technology from Ultracash Technologies. “Ultracash will now be issuing Yes Bank branded digital wallets to consumers,” Ultracash says. Ultracash was launched in October 2015 with support from close to 500 merchants. It now claims to have more than 60,000 active app users and 1,000 supporting merchants.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability