Customers of India’s Yes Bank can now make mobile payments using sound-based technology from Ultracash Technologies. “Ultracash will now be issuing Yes Bank branded digital wallets to consumers,” Ultracash says. Ultracash was launched in October 2015 with support from close to 500 merchants. It now claims to have more than 60,000 active app users and 1,000 supporting merchants.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments