PayPal is preparing to introduce NFC support to its Android mobile app at Mobile World Congress next week, according to TechCrunch. “We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about this big period of transformation and how people shop, how people sell and how people interact with their finances,” PayPal’s Jo Lambert told the publication. The news follows PayPal enabling NFC payments for Vodafone Wallet users in Europe.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands