PayPal is preparing to introduce NFC support to its Android mobile app at Mobile World Congress next week, according to TechCrunch. “We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about this big period of transformation and how people shop, how people sell and how people interact with their finances,” PayPal’s Jo Lambert told the publication. The news follows PayPal enabling NFC payments for Vodafone Wallet users in Europe.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands