PayPal is preparing to introduce NFC support to its Android mobile app at Mobile World Congress next week, according to TechCrunch. “We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about this big period of transformation and how people shop, how people sell and how people interact with their finances,” PayPal’s Jo Lambert told the publication. The news follows PayPal enabling NFC payments for Vodafone Wallet users in Europe.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit