PayPal is preparing to introduce NFC support to its Android mobile app at Mobile World Congress next week, according to TechCrunch. “We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about this big period of transformation and how people shop, how people sell and how people interact with their finances,” PayPal’s Jo Lambert told the publication. The news follows PayPal enabling NFC payments for Vodafone Wallet users in Europe.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone