UK users of BlackBerry’s BBM messaging service can now initiate mobile payment transfers to each other using Barclays’ Pingit P2P payment service. “Once a user has added their BBM ID as a linked ID within Pingit, they can initiate a money transfer directly from within a BBM conversation as easily as sending a photo or sticker to a BBM contact,” Barclays says. Pingit currently has more than 2.9m users and more than 68,000 businesses signed up to the service.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info