UK users of BlackBerry’s BBM messaging service can now initiate mobile payment transfers to each other using Barclays’ Pingit P2P payment service. “Once a user has added their BBM ID as a linked ID within Pingit, they can initiate a money transfer directly from within a BBM conversation as easily as sending a photo or sticker to a BBM contact,” Barclays says. Pingit currently has more than 2.9m users and more than 68,000 businesses signed up to the service.
- Chase lets customers make payments with Fitbit and Garmin wearables
- Transport for London adds in-app contactless journey tracking
- Amazon to pilot sound-based payments for cash on delivery service in India
- US merchants increase support for NFC in stores, cut back on Apple Pay and Google Pay online
- Apple Pay runs ‘Lose your wallet’ promotion in New York City