More than 30m Chinese consumers signed up to Apple Pay during its first day of launch in the country, China’s People’s Daily reports. Consumers reported experiencing difficulties when registering their payment cards to the mobile payment service but Apple has since told 9to5mac that the issues were due to a planned gradual rollout of the service throughout the day.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service