Users of Tencent’s WeChat mobile payment service will soon be able to authenticate transactions with a fingerprint. “This new fingerprint authentication, enabled by the Qualcomm Haven security platform’s authentication framework, means that users will be able to conduct online transactions on mobile devices using their fingerprint,” says technology provider Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of chip maker Qualcomm. The service will be available on Vivo X6 smartphones, before rolling out to other devices in the coming months.
- Rabobank includes value added services in HCE mobile wallet
- Messaging service Line looks to cryptocurrencies for payments
- Paytm adds investment and wealth management service
- India adds tokenization to Aadhaar national biometric ID system
- TD Bank acquires artificial intelligence specialist Layer 6