Users of Tencent’s WeChat mobile payment service will soon be able to authenticate transactions with a fingerprint. “This new fingerprint authentication, enabled by the Qualcomm Haven security platform’s authentication framework, means that users will be able to conduct online transactions on mobile devices using their fingerprint,” says technology provider Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of chip maker Qualcomm. The service will be available on Vivo X6 smartphones, before rolling out to other devices in the coming months.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info