Connected device maker Coin has launched a developer program to accelerate the integration of payments into wearables. “The program will enable access to the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) to securely digitize MasterCard payment credentials and further reduce the barrier to entry for device manufacturers,” partner MasterCard says. Coin and MasterCard announced their plans to enable NFC payments on a range of wearable devices in January 2016.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform