Connected device maker Coin has launched a developer program to accelerate the integration of payments into wearables. “The program will enable access to the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) to securely digitize MasterCard payment credentials and further reduce the barrier to entry for device manufacturers,” partner MasterCard says. Coin and MasterCard announced their plans to enable NFC payments on a range of wearable devices in January 2016.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes