Connected device maker Coin has launched a developer program to accelerate the integration of payments into wearables. “The program will enable access to the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) to securely digitize MasterCard payment credentials and further reduce the barrier to entry for device manufacturers,” partner MasterCard says. Coin and MasterCard announced their plans to enable NFC payments on a range of wearable devices in January 2016.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models