Security specialist WiseKey and MasterCard are working together to enable NFC payments on luxury watches and wearables. “The partnership adds new devices and brands to ongoing MasterCard programs that bring payments to any consumer gadget, accessory or wearable,” MasterCard says. WiseKey is already working with Hublot and Bulgari to add payments to a range of high-end watches.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’