The 120 member credit unions behind mobile payment platform CU Wallet can now offer MasterCard’s MasterPass digital wallet service to their customers through their own branded mobile apps. “CU Wallet’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will enable consumers to use MasterPass to simply and safely make purchases in-store, online or in-app with any payment card across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR/barcodes and remote checkout,” MasterCard says.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays