The 120 member credit unions behind mobile payment platform CU Wallet can now offer MasterCard’s MasterPass digital wallet service to their customers through their own branded mobile apps. “CU Wallet’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will enable consumers to use MasterPass to simply and safely make purchases in-store, online or in-app with any payment card across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR/barcodes and remote checkout,” MasterCard says.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers