Users of Chase Pay will soon be able to buy food and drinks at more than 7,500 Starbucks cafés in the US through the coffee chain’s own mobile app or with the Chase Pay app. “[The] Chase Pay mobile app will be accepted at 7,500 Starbucks locations by the end of this year,” JPMorgan Chase’s Gordon Smith revealed at the bank’s 2016 Investor Day. The solution will also be “embedded in the Starbucks mobile app”. Chase Pay, unveiled in October 2015, is a closed-loop barcode based mobile payment system available to holders of 94m credit, debit and prepaid card accounts.
- Tappy adds biometric security to wearable payments devices
- Alipay demonstrates offline QR payments for public transport fares
- GlobalPlatform reports growth in secure element shipments
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week