Users of Chase Pay will soon be able to buy food and drinks at more than 7,500 Starbucks cafés in the US through the coffee chain’s own mobile app or with the Chase Pay app. “[The] Chase Pay mobile app will be accepted at 7,500 Starbucks locations by the end of this year,” JPMorgan Chase’s Gordon Smith revealed at the bank’s 2016 Investor Day. The solution will also be “embedded in the Starbucks mobile app”. Chase Pay, unveiled in October 2015, is a closed-loop barcode based mobile payment system available to holders of 94m credit, debit and prepaid card accounts.
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022
- Apple Pay offers Chinese New Year discounts
- Facebook gets Spanish e-money licence
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless