Visa is expanding its online payment service to France, India, Ireland, Poland, Spain and the UK this year, taking the total footprint to 22 markets. Visa Checkout has been launched in 16 countries since its introduction in July 2014, including the US, Argentina, Brazil and Canada, with usage growing to more than 11m consumer accounts and acceptance by more than 250,000 merchants.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale