Visa is expanding its online payment service to France, India, Ireland, Poland, Spain and the UK this year, taking the total footprint to 22 markets. Visa Checkout has been launched in 16 countries since its introduction in July 2014, including the US, Argentina, Brazil and Canada, with usage growing to more than 11m consumer accounts and acceptance by more than 250,000 merchants.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year