Visa is expanding its online payment service to France, India, Ireland, Poland, Spain and the UK this year, taking the total footprint to 22 markets. Visa Checkout has been launched in 16 countries since its introduction in July 2014, including the US, Argentina, Brazil and Canada, with usage growing to more than 11m consumer accounts and acceptance by more than 250,000 merchants.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes