Indian closed-loop mobile wallet provider FreeCharge has partnered with mobile point of sale provider Ezetap to let its users make in-store mobile payments at “thousands of Ezetap service points consisting of small and mid-sized retailers across India”. The announcement follows FreeCharge’s acceptance across the ePaisa network earlier this month and its roll out to 216 McDonald’s restaurants across India.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump