Some 37% of US merchant locations are now EMV-ready, according to management consulting firm The Strawhecker Group (TSG). “TSG’s previous survey of payment processors and other payment providers completed last September estimated that over 40% would be EMV-ready by this time, showing a slower pace of implementation than expected before the shift,” the company says. 50% of US merchants are expected to support EMV by June this year.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities