Some 37% of US merchant locations are now EMV-ready, according to management consulting firm The Strawhecker Group (TSG). “TSG’s previous survey of payment processors and other payment providers completed last September estimated that over 40% would be EMV-ready by this time, showing a slower pace of implementation than expected before the shift,” the company says. 50% of US merchants are expected to support EMV by June this year.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service