Visa Checkout users will soon be able to scan an image of their credit or debit card with their mobile device to sign up to the service, rather than having to enter their information manually. The new update, expected to be made available in April, will be automatically applied to the platform so merchants “don’t have to make any adjustments to their existing online checkout processes or payment systems,” says Visa.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa