Visa Checkout users will soon be able to scan an image of their credit or debit card with their mobile device to sign up to the service, rather than having to enter their information manually. The new update, expected to be made available in April, will be automatically applied to the platform so merchants “don’t have to make any adjustments to their existing online checkout processes or payment systems,” says Visa.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments