Visa Checkout users will soon be able to scan an image of their credit or debit card with their mobile device to sign up to the service, rather than having to enter their information manually. The new update, expected to be made available in April, will be automatically applied to the platform so merchants “don’t have to make any adjustments to their existing online checkout processes or payment systems,” says Visa.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones