MasterCard could begin supporting Apple Pay in Canada this year, according to a MacRumors report. “MasterCard is also looking to support Apple Pay in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore in 2016,” the publication says. “The information is based on an unverified document, however, so the plans cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt until other evidence surfaces.” Apple Pay launched in Canada in November 2015 with support from American Express alone.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?