MasterCard could begin supporting Apple Pay in Canada this year, according to a MacRumors report. “MasterCard is also looking to support Apple Pay in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore in 2016,” the publication says. “The information is based on an unverified document, however, so the plans cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt until other evidence surfaces.” Apple Pay launched in Canada in November 2015 with support from American Express alone.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones