MasterCard could begin supporting Apple Pay in Canada this year, according to a MacRumors report. “MasterCard is also looking to support Apple Pay in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore in 2016,” the publication says. “The information is based on an unverified document, however, so the plans cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt until other evidence surfaces.” Apple Pay launched in Canada in November 2015 with support from American Express alone.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement