MasterCard could begin supporting Apple Pay in Canada this year, according to a MacRumors report. “MasterCard is also looking to support Apple Pay in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore in 2016,” the publication says. “The information is based on an unverified document, however, so the plans cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt until other evidence surfaces.” Apple Pay launched in Canada in November 2015 with support from American Express alone.
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps