Some 148m consumers will make NFC mobile payments this year, with Apple and Samsung accounting for nearly 70% of new customers, Juniper Research forecasts. “The research also anticipated that models based on host card emulation (HCE) would be widely deployed by banks and a number of leading OTT (Over The Top) players,” the firm says, predicting that NFC smartphones will be the main driver for contactless payments in the US owing to “the limited number of cards that currently offer the facility”.
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores
- Apple details its face detection algorithm