Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service