Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones