Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022