Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India