Nearly six in ten US millennials (58%) say cash is their preferred way of paying and being paid by friends, followed by P2P payment apps (26%), cheque (8%) and electronic bank transfer (8%), GOBankingRates reveals. Of the 26% who chose P2P payment apps, 11% prefer PayPal, followed by Venmo (6%), Google Wallet (5%) and Square Cash (4%).
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities