Nearly six in ten US millennials (58%) say cash is their preferred way of paying and being paid by friends, followed by P2P payment apps (26%), cheque (8%) and electronic bank transfer (8%), GOBankingRates reveals. Of the 26% who chose P2P payment apps, 11% prefer PayPal, followed by Venmo (6%), Google Wallet (5%) and Square Cash (4%).
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends