Android Pay has averaged 1.5m new registrations each month in the US since the mobile payment service’s launch in September 2015, Google has revealed. “There are now over 2m locations that accept tap and pay — we’re busy working to bring the convenience of Android Pay to more countries and a growing list of stores and apps,” the company says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones