Android Pay has averaged 1.5m new registrations each month in the US since the mobile payment service’s launch in September 2015, Google has revealed. “There are now over 2m locations that accept tap and pay — we’re busy working to bring the convenience of Android Pay to more countries and a growing list of stores and apps,” the company says.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments