Apple Pay has attracted 12m monthly users globally since its launch in October 2014, while Google’s Android Pay has attracted 5m monthly users since becoming available in September 2015 and Samsung Pay has also attracted 5m monthly users, according to research by Crone Consulting which has been reported by Bloomberg. Those numbers equate to some 6% of consumers able to make use of Apple Pay, the company estimates, compared to 4% for Samsung Pay and 1% for Android Pay.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards