Nearly half of US point of sale merchants (44%) are using or have requested information about mobile wallet solutions and 67% of those wanted Apple Pay, an investor note by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster reported by Barron’s reveals. “That figure dwarfs the 18% that requested Android Pay/Google Wallet, 8% for PayPal and 7% for Samsung Pay,” the report adds.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID