Nearly half of US point of sale merchants (44%) are using or have requested information about mobile wallet solutions and 67% of those wanted Apple Pay, an investor note by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster reported by Barron’s reveals. “That figure dwarfs the 18% that requested Android Pay/Google Wallet, 8% for PayPal and 7% for Samsung Pay,” the report adds.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works