Commuters in the Czech Republic can now pay for bus fares using their contactless payment cards through a partnership between transport network BusLine and MasterCard. The service is currently available on 10 routes and contactless readers have been installed on 70 buses. BusLine operates a total of 200 lines, “so there is great potential for expansion,” the company says.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected