MasterCard is to make use of mobile biometric technology provider Daon’s IdentityX Platform as one of the authentication technologies for MasterCard Identity Check, the ‘selfie pay’ service it is rolling out to the US, Canada and parts of Europe this year. “The app-based authentication leverages a mobile device to secure online payments and mobile banking applications using fingerprint and facial recognition,” Daon says.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities