Mobile payments platform PowaTag has been sold to a consortium led by entrepreneur Ben White, administrator Deloitte has confirmed, following news that its parent company Powa Technologies went into administration last month. The company’s ecommerce platform PowaWeb has also been sold to UK-based digital business group Greenlight Digital. The Financial Times reports that the sales were for “undisclosed amounts” and questions the “typically used” valuation of Powa Technologies at US$2.7bn.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform