Mobile payments platform PowaTag has been sold to a consortium led by entrepreneur Ben White, administrator Deloitte has confirmed, following news that its parent company Powa Technologies went into administration last month. The company’s ecommerce platform PowaWeb has also been sold to UK-based digital business group Greenlight Digital. The Financial Times reports that the sales were for “undisclosed amounts” and questions the “typically used” valuation of Powa Technologies at US$2.7bn.
- IMF report finds digital currencies are gaining ground with central bankers
- Alipay offers POS terminals that combine face recognition with QR payments
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena