Mobile payments platform PowaTag has been sold to a consortium led by entrepreneur Ben White, administrator Deloitte has confirmed, following news that its parent company Powa Technologies went into administration last month. The company’s ecommerce platform PowaWeb has also been sold to UK-based digital business group Greenlight Digital. The Financial Times reports that the sales were for “undisclosed amounts” and questions the “typically used” valuation of Powa Technologies at US$2.7bn.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API