NEC has unveiled a biometric technology that uses the resonation of sound determined by the shape of human ear cavities to authenticate the identity of individuals. “The new technology instantaneously measures acoustic characteristics determined by the shape of the ear using an earphone with a built-in microphone to collect earphone-generated sounds as they resonate within ear cavities,” NEC says. The company will commercialise the technology in 2018 in a “wide range of applications”.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain