Mobile POS provider Square has launched in Australia, enabling retailers across the country to accept credit and debit card payments using their mobile phones. “Australia marks the fourth market for Square, joining the US, Canada and Japan,” the company says. Square’s contactless chip reader does not appear to be available in the country, however, as “tap-and-go would have made the device too expensive and too big,” Square country manager Ben Pfisterer told the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service