PARTNER NEWS: A blog post by mobile commerce provider Proxama discusses the implications of Visa’s updated cloud-based payments specifications which include a requirement for issuers to migrate from alternate PANs to tokenization. “The new requirements from Visa could be met by using tokenization services from Visa or a third party TSP, but they also could be met by implementing an in-house tokenization solution — enabling the issuer to maintain control and reduce cost,” Proxama’s Rob Macmillan explains.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service