Customers of People’s United Bank in the US can now add their debit cards to Samsung Pay. “Samsung Pay’s wide acceptance and security are a perfect fit for the chip-enabled People’s United MasterCard debit card, which also includes a cash back Prewards program, identity theft alerts and price protection for qualifying purchases,” says the bank’s Ted Josephson.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?