Customers of People’s United Bank in the US can now add their debit cards to Samsung Pay. “Samsung Pay’s wide acceptance and security are a perfect fit for the chip-enabled People’s United MasterCard debit card, which also includes a cash back Prewards program, identity theft alerts and price protection for qualifying purchases,” says the bank’s Ted Josephson.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users