Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow