Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service