Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India