Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland
- Japanese airline ANA to enter mobile payments market