Square has received more than 350,000 pre-orders for its contactless chip reader, CEO Jack Dorsey revealed during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call. “We’re seeing a huge demand for the reader and we’re taking full advantage of the shift to chip cards and contactless,” Dorsey said. “We want to be able to associate our logo with the ability to pay with your phone. We’re betting big on NFC.” Square began rolling out its contactless readers in November 2015.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users