Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has closed its MegaFon Money P2P mobile payment service in favour of supporting Qiwi Wallet, which integrated host card emulation (HCE) support in August 2015. “After we launched a joint service with Qiwi Wallet last February, we made a decision not to develop two similar financial services in the company and to close MegaFon Money,” the carrier confirmed to NFC World.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service