Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has closed its MegaFon Money P2P mobile payment service in favour of supporting Qiwi Wallet, which integrated host card emulation (HCE) support in August 2015. “After we launched a joint service with Qiwi Wallet last February, we made a decision not to develop two similar financial services in the company and to close MegaFon Money,” the carrier confirmed to NFC World.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info