Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has closed its MegaFon Money P2P mobile payment service in favour of supporting Qiwi Wallet, which integrated host card emulation (HCE) support in August 2015. “After we launched a joint service with Qiwi Wallet last February, we made a decision not to develop two similar financial services in the company and to close MegaFon Money,” the carrier confirmed to NFC World.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent