Indian mobile payments platform Paytm plans to double its in-store merchant acceptance to four million locations this year, the company’s CEO has told Economic Times. “This year, we will be present offline in every nook and corner,” Vijay Shekhar Sharma said. “Our offline payments will become as big as our online payments.” Paytm users can complete in-store transactions by scanning a code with their mobile phone.The company is also currently trialling sound-based payments.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain