Coca Cola is planning to launch a loyalty programme at select vending machines this spring that would let customers accumulate points to earn a free drink. “Running on iOS and Android, the service allows people to buy a Coke through select connected vending machines, accumulating points that will let them get a free drink,” The Drum reports from the SXSW show. “The drinks maker gets to know where and when people are buying its products — something that could also be fuelled by its exploration of Blockchains, a transaction database that allows it to see what’s happening at every stage of the value chain.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole