Capital One customers can now check their balances, pay bills and track their spending by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo home shopping device. “You’ll need to download the Alexa app on your smartphone,” Capital One says. “When you have the app open, tap Skills in the menu and search for Capital One. Then click Enable and follow the prompts to enter your Capital One username and password so Alexa can access your account information.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts