Capital One customers can now check their balances, pay bills and track their spending by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo home shopping device. “You’ll need to download the Alexa app on your smartphone,” Capital One says. “When you have the app open, tap Skills in the menu and search for Capital One. Then click Enable and follow the prompts to enter your Capital One username and password so Alexa can access your account information.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network