Seven in ten consumers (70%) believe that 2030 will be the year that mobile payments become secure enough for traditional payment methods such as cash and cards to no longer be required, the IEEE’s Global Cyber-security Survey has found. The biggest concerns with mobile payments today are payment information hacks (46%), unauthorized payments processed by a mobile payment provider (33%) and accidental payments made via NFC or QR codes (13%).
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API