Seven in ten consumers (70%) believe that 2030 will be the year that mobile payments become secure enough for traditional payment methods such as cash and cards to no longer be required, the IEEE’s Global Cyber-security Survey has found. The biggest concerns with mobile payments today are payment information hacks (46%), unauthorized payments processed by a mobile payment provider (33%) and accidental payments made via NFC or QR codes (13%).
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform