Seven in ten consumers (70%) believe that 2030 will be the year that mobile payments become secure enough for traditional payment methods such as cash and cards to no longer be required, the IEEE’s Global Cyber-security Survey has found. The biggest concerns with mobile payments today are payment information hacks (46%), unauthorized payments processed by a mobile payment provider (33%) and accidental payments made via NFC or QR codes (13%).
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?