Seven in ten consumers (70%) believe that 2030 will be the year that mobile payments become secure enough for traditional payment methods such as cash and cards to no longer be required, the IEEE’s Global Cyber-security Survey has found. The biggest concerns with mobile payments today are payment information hacks (46%), unauthorized payments processed by a mobile payment provider (33%) and accidental payments made via NFC or QR codes (13%).
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills