Luxury watchmaker Swatch will focus its smartwatch activities on its plastic Swatch brand before considering the technology for its pricier models. “Making progress in the smartwatch market is crucial for Swatch, which is seen as the most vulnerable of the Swiss watchmakers to inroads by the Apple Watch and similar watches produced by Samsung Electronics and others,” The Wall Street Journal reports. The company launched its first NFC payments watch, the Swatch Bellamy, in China in October 2015.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info