Consumers will spend more than US$3.6trn using online, mobile and contactless payments services this year, up 20% from US$3trn in 2015, according to Juniper Research. “While cards will account for 90% of contactless payments over the next five years, the deployment of NFC payments by high-profile players such as Apple and Samsung would increase consumer awareness and usage of smartphones to fulfil transactions,” the firm says.
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year