Consumers will spend more than US$3.6trn using online, mobile and contactless payments services this year, up 20% from US$3trn in 2015, according to Juniper Research. “While cards will account for 90% of contactless payments over the next five years, the deployment of NFC payments by high-profile players such as Apple and Samsung would increase consumer awareness and usage of smartphones to fulfil transactions,” the firm says.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India