Apple has announced a new, entry level iPhone that includes “an NFC radio and a secure element”, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor and support for Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone SE comes with Apple’s latest A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, making it as powerful as the iPhone 6S, and features a 12-megapixel camera. The iPhone SE will begin shipping on 31 March.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK