Apple has announced a new, entry level iPhone that includes “an NFC radio and a secure element”, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor and support for Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone SE comes with Apple’s latest A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, making it as powerful as the iPhone 6S, and features a 12-megapixel camera. The iPhone SE will begin shipping on 31 March.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments