Apple has announced a new, entry level iPhone that includes “an NFC radio and a secure element”, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor and support for Apple Pay. The 4-inch iPhone SE comes with Apple’s latest A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, making it as powerful as the iPhone 6S, and features a 12-megapixel camera. The iPhone SE will begin shipping on 31 March.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet