Chinese internet giant Tencent has reported that the number of monthly active users (MAU) of its mobile payments services has increased by seven times over the last year. Its QQ Wallet was used to exchange 6bn red envelopes during the Lunar New Year holidays and Weixin Pay was used to exchange 32bn red envelopes over the same period, up nine times on a year ago. “For Weixin and WeChat together, MAU reached 697 million at the end of 2015, representing YoY growth of 39%,” Tencent says.
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams