Apple Pay will be available as a payment option on mobile websites “before this year’s holiday shopping season”, Re/code reports. “The service will be available to shoppers using the Safari browser on models of iPhones and iPads that possess Apple’s TouchID fingerprint technology,” the publication says. “Apple has also considered making the service available on Apple laptops and desktops too, though it’s not clear if the company will launch that capability.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?