More than one third of Americans (36%) don’t feel a need for mobile payment apps, compared to 12% of Mexicans and 13% of Chileans, according to mobile banking service Fintonic. 23% of Americans don’t trust the technology, compared to 4% of Mexicans and 6% of Chileans. “Latin American countries such as Chile and Mexico are much more willing to embrace technological advancements in banking like mobile wallets,” the company says.
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups