More than one third of Americans (36%) don’t feel a need for mobile payment apps, compared to 12% of Mexicans and 13% of Chileans, according to mobile banking service Fintonic. 23% of Americans don’t trust the technology, compared to 4% of Mexicans and 6% of Chileans. “Latin American countries such as Chile and Mexico are much more willing to embrace technological advancements in banking like mobile wallets,” the company says.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole