More than one third of Americans (36%) don’t feel a need for mobile payment apps, compared to 12% of Mexicans and 13% of Chileans, according to mobile banking service Fintonic. 23% of Americans don’t trust the technology, compared to 4% of Mexicans and 6% of Chileans. “Latin American countries such as Chile and Mexico are much more willing to embrace technological advancements in banking like mobile wallets,” the company says.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent