Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is to become the country’s first major supermarket to operate a cashless store where customers will only be able to make payments by using a card or mobile phone at one of its five self-service checkouts. The store will open inside telecommunications company Sky’s new head office building in Osterley this summer.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service