Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is to become the country’s first major supermarket to operate a cashless store where customers will only be able to make payments by using a card or mobile phone at one of its five self-service checkouts. The store will open inside telecommunications company Sky’s new head office building in Osterley this summer.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa