Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is to become the country’s first major supermarket to operate a cashless store where customers will only be able to make payments by using a card or mobile phone at one of its five self-service checkouts. The store will open inside telecommunications company Sky’s new head office building in Osterley this summer.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain