Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is to become the country’s first major supermarket to operate a cashless store where customers will only be able to make payments by using a card or mobile phone at one of its five self-service checkouts. The store will open inside telecommunications company Sky’s new head office building in Osterley this summer.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info