Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is to become the country’s first major supermarket to operate a cashless store where customers will only be able to make payments by using a card or mobile phone at one of its five self-service checkouts. The store will open inside telecommunications company Sky’s new head office building in Osterley this summer.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe