Google has confirmed that it is to terminate its Wallet Card on June 30. “Moving forward, we want to focus on making it easier than ever to send and receive money with the Google Wallet app,” the company says. Reports that Google was to end support for the physical card emerged earlier this week following an app teardown by Android Police.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents