Google has confirmed that it is to terminate its Wallet Card on June 30. “Moving forward, we want to focus on making it easier than ever to send and receive money with the Google Wallet app,” the company says. Reports that Google was to end support for the physical card emerged earlier this week following an app teardown by Android Police.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions