Google has confirmed that it is to terminate its Wallet Card on June 30. “Moving forward, we want to focus on making it easier than ever to send and receive money with the Google Wallet app,” the company says. Reports that Google was to end support for the physical card emerged earlier this week following an app teardown by Android Police.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’