MasterCard is working on more than 60 projects involving its MDES tokenization platform in Europe, the payments network has revealed. “Today card issuers and wallet service providers have MDES projects in progress in 18 countries across Europe,” MasterCard says, and the service is currently being used to connect banks “representing more than 70% of UK account holders” to Apple Pay.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards