MasterCard is working on more than 60 projects involving its MDES tokenization platform in Europe, the payments network has revealed. “Today card issuers and wallet service providers have MDES projects in progress in 18 countries across Europe,” MasterCard says, and the service is currently being used to connect banks “representing more than 70% of UK account holders” to Apple Pay.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations