MasterCard is working on more than 60 projects involving its MDES tokenization platform in Europe, the payments network has revealed. “Today card issuers and wallet service providers have MDES projects in progress in 18 countries across Europe,” MasterCard says, and the service is currently being used to connect banks “representing more than 70% of UK account holders” to Apple Pay.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service