More than a third (38%) of all payments made across Europe will be digital by 2020, MasterCard predicts. The payment network’s MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) is now in progress in 18 European countries and already connects banks representing more than 70% of UK account holders to Apple Pay, the company adds.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent