More than a third (38%) of all payments made across Europe will be digital by 2020, MasterCard predicts. The payment network’s MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) is now in progress in 18 European countries and already connects banks representing more than 70% of UK account holders to Apple Pay, the company adds.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends