The number of mobile wallet transactions across Europe will increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 61.8% from 2016 to 2021, Smart Insights predicts. “The total mWallet revenue for the payments industry is forecasted to experience a CAGR of 50% over the 2016-2021 period, surpassing the €1bn bar by 2021,” the firm adds.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle