The number of mobile wallet transactions across Europe will increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 61.8% from 2016 to 2021, Smart Insights predicts. “The total mWallet revenue for the payments industry is forecasted to experience a CAGR of 50% over the 2016-2021 period, surpassing the €1bn bar by 2021,” the firm adds.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays