Nearly two thirds of Americans with an Apple Watch (61%) use the device to make payments with Apple Pay, research from Fluent reveals. “With 61% saying they have made a purchase using their watches, there is room for improvement but that’s a healthy number of users right out of the gate and should only grow with future releases,” the firm’s Jordan Cohen writes in a blog post.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service