Nearly two thirds of Americans with an Apple Watch (61%) use the device to make payments with Apple Pay, research from Fluent reveals. “With 61% saying they have made a purchase using their watches, there is room for improvement but that’s a healthy number of users right out of the gate and should only grow with future releases,” the firm’s Jordan Cohen writes in a blog post.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system