Nearly two thirds of Americans with an Apple Watch (61%) use the device to make payments with Apple Pay, research from Fluent reveals. “With 61% saying they have made a purchase using their watches, there is room for improvement but that’s a healthy number of users right out of the gate and should only grow with future releases,” the firm’s Jordan Cohen writes in a blog post.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments