Financial services provider Orix is to promote Ant Financial’s Alipay mobile payment platform in Japan and encourage more stores to accept the service. “The Japanese group will offer leasing of the terminals, which can cost up to 300,000 yen (US$2,685) or so to buy, to reduce adopters’ upfront expenses,” Nikkei reports. “Orix will market Alipay mainly to retailers popular with Chinese tourists.” The report comes as Alipay announced its expansion into Europe last week.
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip
- IMF report finds digital currencies are gaining ground with central bankers
- Alipay offers POS terminals that combine face recognition with QR payments