Financial services provider Orix is to promote Ant Financial’s Alipay mobile payment platform in Japan and encourage more stores to accept the service. “The Japanese group will offer leasing of the terminals, which can cost up to 300,000 yen (US$2,685) or so to buy, to reduce adopters’ upfront expenses,” Nikkei reports. “Orix will market Alipay mainly to retailers popular with Chinese tourists.” The report comes as Alipay announced its expansion into Europe last week.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’