Financial services provider Orix is to promote Ant Financial’s Alipay mobile payment platform in Japan and encourage more stores to accept the service. “The Japanese group will offer leasing of the terminals, which can cost up to 300,000 yen (US$2,685) or so to buy, to reduce adopters’ upfront expenses,” Nikkei reports. “Orix will market Alipay mainly to retailers popular with Chinese tourists.” The report comes as Alipay announced its expansion into Europe last week.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments