Financial services provider Orix is to promote Ant Financial’s Alipay mobile payment platform in Japan and encourage more stores to accept the service. “The Japanese group will offer leasing of the terminals, which can cost up to 300,000 yen (US$2,685) or so to buy, to reduce adopters’ upfront expenses,” Nikkei reports. “Orix will market Alipay mainly to retailers popular with Chinese tourists.” The report comes as Alipay announced its expansion into Europe last week.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan