Nearly nine in ten US merchants using ShopKeep technology (87%) have seen little-to-no adoption of mobile payments at their business in the past six months, research released by the POS system provider reveals. “Despite these findings, 59% of small businesses still predict that, in the next two years, 50% of consumers will be using mobile payments such as Apple Pay as their primary payment method,” ShopKeep adds.
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China