Nearly nine in ten US merchants using ShopKeep technology (87%) have seen little-to-no adoption of mobile payments at their business in the past six months, research released by the POS system provider reveals. “Despite these findings, 59% of small businesses still predict that, in the next two years, 50% of consumers will be using mobile payments such as Apple Pay as their primary payment method,” ShopKeep adds.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service