Nearly nine in ten US merchants using ShopKeep technology (87%) have seen little-to-no adoption of mobile payments at their business in the past six months, research released by the POS system provider reveals. “Despite these findings, 59% of small businesses still predict that, in the next two years, 50% of consumers will be using mobile payments such as Apple Pay as their primary payment method,” ShopKeep adds.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers