Canadian consumers can now accept payments by having a contactless card tapped against their NFC phone using PayMeTap, a P2P payments app developed by Mobeewave. After entering the amount to be paid, “the only action required is to tap the card you want to charge to your phone and money is deposited in your account within 48 hours,” the company says. “The person making the payment doesn’t need to be signed up to the service.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?