Canadian consumers can now accept payments by having a contactless card tapped against their NFC phone using PayMeTap, a P2P payments app developed by Mobeewave. After entering the amount to be paid, “the only action required is to tap the card you want to charge to your phone and money is deposited in your account within 48 hours,” the company says. “The person making the payment doesn’t need to be signed up to the service.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland