Australian commuters across New South Wales will be able to pay for public transport with their contactless credit and debit cards from next year, the NSW Government has announced. “A lot of critical work needs to be undertaken in the first stage of this project such as finalising partnerships, working with the finance and contactless payments sector, developing the software and then, in 2017, undertaking a customer trial,” says minister for transport and infrastructure Andrew Constance.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments