Bank of America added 910,000 new mobile banking users during the first quarter of 2016, resulting in a total of almost 20m active users, CEO Brian Moynihan revealed during the bank’s Q1 earning results. 16% of all deposit transactions with the bank are from mobile devices but mobile wallet payments represent less than 0.2% of the total payments made with Bank of America cards.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform