Bank of America added 910,000 new mobile banking users during the first quarter of 2016, resulting in a total of almost 20m active users, CEO Brian Moynihan revealed during the bank’s Q1 earning results. 16% of all deposit transactions with the bank are from mobile devices but mobile wallet payments represent less than 0.2% of the total payments made with Bank of America cards.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API