Bank of America added 910,000 new mobile banking users during the first quarter of 2016, resulting in a total of almost 20m active users, CEO Brian Moynihan revealed during the bank’s Q1 earning results. 16% of all deposit transactions with the bank are from mobile devices but mobile wallet payments represent less than 0.2% of the total payments made with Bank of America cards.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit